Boasting sun, sea and a sub-tropical climate, it’s summer all year round on the golden coastline of South Africa’s sunshine city, KwaZulu-Natal.
KwaZulu-Natal has something to satisfy just about any type of traveller. Those seeking a seaside escape will love the warm water beaches scattered all along the coastline, either in the premier city of Durban or further north, where the silky sand becomes even more like a tropical island paradise.
Nature lovers will enjoy discovering KwaZulu-Natal’s two World Heritage Sites, uKhahlamba-Drakensberg Park, that boasts over 30,000 preserved San paintings and majestic trails of South Africa’s highest mountain range and iSimangaliso Wetland Park, which includes the largest estuarine system on the continent.
Beyond its natural beauty, KwaZulu-Natal promises a number of enthralling, educational excursions, with trips to numerous points of interest including the battleground regions and the prestigious sites of the Zulu Kingdom.
Another one of KwaZulu-Natal’s many attractions includes its abundance of game-rich reserves. A short drive from the city centre takes travellers to the Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve. Previously,
With endless natural beauty, enthralling political and historical sites, incredible game viewing opportunities and plenty more, a vacation to this vibrant, exciting and downright awesome South African city will make for a wonderful vacation.
LANGUAGES English, Afrikaans, Zulu, Xhosa, Southern Sotho, Tswana, Northern Sotho, Venda, Tsonga, Swazi, Ndebele
WEATHER and CLIMATE
- Summer (Dec – Feb): Max 33°C (91.4°F), Min 23°C (73.4°F)
- Winter (Jun – Aug): Max 25°C (77°F), Min 16°C (60.8°F)
Can’t decide where you’d like to stay? Contact us today and one of our team of experts will help!
Things to Do in KwaZulu-Natal
When traveling to KwaZulu-Natal, don’t miss out on these amazing activities:
- Sunbathe, swim, snorkel, surf and even go deep sea fishing in the warm Indian Ocean along the coastline of KwaZulu-Natal.
- Discover the stories of the Anglo-Boer war at the historic Isandlwana and Rorke’s Drift battlefields.
- View the Big Five and other incredible wildlife forms at a number of amazing game reserves around and close to KwaZulu-Natal.
- Hike along the incredible mountain trails of the uKhahlamba-Drakensberg Park and explore a number of caves, some filled with San rock art.
- Head to the iSimangaliso Wetland Park, formerly known as the Greater St. Lucia Wetlands Park, and enjoy a tour of this exquisite space.
Accommodation in KwaZulu-Natal
Time spent in such a beautiful destination can only be done in exquisite accommodation. With jaw-dropping locations, superb service and plenty of activities on offer, travellers can truly enjoy their time in KwaZulu-Natal.
Fairmont Zimbali Lodge
The Oyster Box
Travel to KwaZulu-Natal
With plenty of activities on offer, a KwaZulu-Natal vacation promises fun for the whole family. From lazy beach days to thrilling adventure activities in Durban, plenty of game-viewing opportunities, through both land-based safaris and water-based excursions across the iSimangaliso Wetland, KwaZulu-Natal has it all. Explore this diverse province, it’s wildlife, stories and cultures through an incredible vacation in Southern Africa.
Pair up a stay in KwaZulu-Natal with an exploration of South Africa’s City of Gold, Johannesburg, and include a Kruger National Park or Okavango Delta safari. Contact one of our team members to custom create a bespoke vacation.
Need help? Talk to an expert!
Contact African Travel Canvas and we’ll help you book your dream vacation to Africa!