- The data we collect
- What we do with the data
- How is your information processed
- How we protect your data
- Age of consent
- Retaining your data
- Your rights
- Contact details
African Travel Canvas is an inbound tour operator offering luxury tour and safari packages in Southern and East Africa. Our company is registered as African Travel Canvas, Suite 1, Howard Centre, Howard Drive, Meadowridge, Cape Town, South Africa, 7806.
2. The data we collect
As you browse our website, we will collect your information in several ways.
When you browse our website, we automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address. Data is automatically collected through technical means in the form of Cookies. Both methods help us learn about your browsing behaviours, as tracked by Google Analytics.
When you engage with us directly, either through our contact form we will collect the following information in order to communicate with you effectively and efficiently:
- Your name
- Your email address
We also collect data – name and email address – for email marketing purposes. Product payments are processed off-site. At this stage, we do not collect any personal financial data through the African Travel Canvas website.
3. What we do with the data
We use your personal data in a number of ways.
- To better improve the user experience of our website. We analyse browsing behaviours and trends to keep engineering our website to deliver the best, most enjoyable experience of our website.
- To make our content most relevant for you. We analyse content consumption patterns to ensure that the content we release remains relevant, interesting, engaging and entertaining for you.
- To contact you. Only when you have submitted your details to us through our website’s contact form or by direct email, we will collect and store your personal details and contact information so that we can make contact with you regarding your enquiry.
- To provide you with marketing communication. When applicable, and only where we have your consent, we will periodically send you emails to the email address provided to keep you updated with news relating to our products, services, promotions and specials, as well as general news and updates that we find relevant in the context of luxury travel to Africa. Should you wish to withdraw from this communication, you can unsubscribe from our emails and withdraw your consent at any time.
- To analyse and improve our brand and communication strategies. We use the information automatically collected through technical means such as Cookies and Google Analytics to better understand how our site visitors engage with the African Travel Canvas brand and website.
- To fulfill legal and financial obligations. Payments for products and services are executed off-site. We are required to retain certain information relating to finances and financial reporting. We also keep a record of transactions and correspondence for processing purposes in the event of a legal complaint or claim.
We will never sell your data or personal details to any third party, pinky promise, and we will only use your information when we have a lawful basis for doing so.
4. How is your information processed
We process the data we collect about you with our service providers to the necessary extent outlined above. We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or if you breach our Terms of Service.
Below is a list of the services we use for our brand, website and communication strategy. We may disclose your personal details to these service providers, but they will only use your details to execute the necessary services on our behalf.
In the event of a breach of our Terms of Service or if we need to disclose your information to law enforcement agencies or regulators we may share your information.
5. How we protect your data
We implement strict technological measures to protect your data. We follow the best and latest industry practices to make sure your personal information is not misused, altered or lost.
Information disclosed through our website is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
6. Age of consent
By engaging with our website, you represent that you are at least the legal age in your province or state of residence.
7. Retaining your data
You may request the erasure of your data at any time.
8. Your rights
Subject to certain conditions, you have the right to exercise certain rights relating to your personal data. To find out more about your data rights, please contact your national data protection authority. You may exercise the following rights in almost all circumstances by contacting us using the details specified below.
- The right to access: You have the right to access your data if we are processing it.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to correct or amend your data and details if it is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us to rectify any errors that we may have relating to your data.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request the erasure of your data and to request the deletion or removal of the information we retain.
- The right to object or restrict processing: You have the right to object to certain forms of processing. You also have the right to restrict processing and suppress further use of your information provided it does not conflict with legal processing. When data processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but will not use it further. This can be done by contacting us directly using the details below.
- The right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw consent of data usage provided it does not conflict with any lawful practices we may employ. You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your data by contacting us.
9. Contact details
You can email us using the following email address: email@example.com
You can mail us at PO Box 18194, Wynberg, Cape Town, South Africa, 7824