With white sandy beaches, breathtaking sunsets and undisturbed coastlines, the island paradise of Mozambique offers something for everyone.
If you’re looking for relaxation and romance in one of the best tropical paradise destinations on earth, look no further. To help you book your stay, here is our list of luxury Mozambique accommodation.
Geography of Mozambique
Offering untouched beaches, untamed wilderness, turquoise waters with astounding colourful fish and corals, Mozambique is a tropical paradise. After a tumultuous history, Mozambique is relatively underdeveloped but continues to be a place of astonishing beauty.
Just off the coastline of the south of Mozambique is the Bazaruto Archipelago, a collection of four small islands, two of which are inhabited. The Bazaruto Archipelago is a protected marine national park and offers some of the best diving spots in Mozambique and snorkelling spots in the world.
In the far north of Mozambique, lies the incredible Quirimbas Archipelago, a national park made up of 12 large islands and 20 smaller islands.
The Quirimbas Islands offer a unique and mostly unexplored island environment. This area promises some of the best luxury accommodation in Mozambique.
This enchanting island escape is the vacation you’ve always dreamed of. Situated within the Bazaruto Archipelago Marine National Park, Azura Benguerra is the perfect place to explore Mozambique’s extraordinary marine life. Turtles, dolphins and manta rays play in the crystal clear water, making it one of the best spots for diving in Mozambique.
The lodge was hand-built by the local community who continues to play a large part in its day to day life. Twenty luxury villas are nestled along the pristine shoreline, just a few steps away from the water.
Boasting a stylish aesthetic, indigenous materials, local fabrics and beaded artwork travel throughout the lodge. Each villa includes a private pool, ensuite bathroom, a viewing deck and lounging chairs directly on the beach.
Dining is a tantalizing affair, with a superb seafood menu featuring local, freshly caught produce. Meals can be enjoyed on the beach, in the restaurant or at one of the many romantic spots. One of Azura Benguerra’s highlights is the watersports centre that offers activities such as scuba diving, snorkelling, sailing, big game fishing, and kayaking.
What we love about Azura Benguerra
- Dining at Azura Benguerra is a delectable affair. The highlight is the 7-course tasting dinner which includes fresh seafood caught by the local fishermen paired with locally-sourced ingredients.
- Guests can explore the deep warm waters of the Indian Ocean through a range of activities and excursions including snorkelling, diving, big game fishing, dhow sailing and much more.
- The helicopter transfer from Vilanculos is an adventure in itself! The flight captures a bird’s eye view of the islands and crystal clear water below.
- After an adventurous day, pamper yourself at the Azura Spa. Have a massage on the secluded beach or soak in a bath admiring the incredible panoramic views.
Enquire about your stay at Azura Benguerra today. Contact us to book!
Azura Quilalea Private Island
When it comes to luxury Mozambique accommodation, Azura Quilalea is a hidden gem situated just off the coast of the country. Lying within the Quirimbas Archipelago marine reserve, Quilalea is a nature lover’s paradise. Surrounded by lush greenery, and sandy pathways leading to pristine beaches and luxury villas, this enchanting destination is an untouched paradise for a select few to enjoy.
Nine seafront villas are spread across two untouched beaches. Built from natural coral walls, makuti thatched roofs, and wooden carvings, each villa has been handcrafted from local materials and fabrics. Guests can choose from three categories: 4 Kasakazi Villas, 4 Kusi Villas, and the ultimate honeymoon villa, Villa Quilalea.
Guests can soak up the sunshine in a hammock, take a refreshing dip in the crystal clear water, snorkel the island’s reefs or relax under the giant baobab trees.
Quilalea Island is home to more than 50 giant baobabs and 180 species of birds. The luxurious island offers an abundance of marine life and wildlife, including whales, dolphins, turtles, and birds.
What we love about Azura Quilalea
- Guests can take a short boat ride and visit the nearby coconut plantation on Quirimba Island. The tour of the plantation will teach guests about the different stages of coconut production as well as a visit to some of the island’s architectural ruins.
- Treat yourself to a soothing marula oil massage at the cliff-top African spa. Signature treatments are done using local ingredients and traditions such as olive and shea butter.
- Venture out onto a marked walking trail around the island, and explore the beautiful environment that surrounds Quilalea. Guests can circle the entire island in 45 minutes and delight in the beautiful baobab trees, birds and butterflies.
- Wait till nightfall and join the Sky Guides for an informative discussion of the African night skies. Using a telescope, guests can stargaze and look at incredible constellations and the glittering Milky Way.
Find out more about Azura Quilalea and contact us to book.
andBeyond Benguerra Island
A place of paradise in the middle of the Indian Ocean, andBeyond Benguerra Island is situated on, as the name suggests, Benguerra Island in Mozambique. The lodge is surrounded by a protected marine conservation area which offers white sand beaches and pristine coral reefs teeming with marine life.
Surrounded by fabulous diving sites, the lodge is the gateway to an underwater wonderland for divers. The coastline offers a wide variety of tropical fish as well as Africa’s only population of the dugong.
The lodge has ten spacious casinhas and two cosy cabanas, perfect for couples. For small groups or families travelling together, the Casa Familia is the ideal option with three en-suite bedrooms. Each villa comes with a private pool, loungers, hanging daybeds and provides direct access to the beach.
andBeyond Benguerra Island provides luxury Mozambique accommodation with private beaches, freshwater lakes, towering sand dunes and warm waters teeming with marine life. Guests can experience incredible water activities on the island. Go deep-sea diving in the depths of the Bazaruto Archipelago and snorkel in some of the most pristine reefs in the world.
What we love about andBeyond Benguerra Island
- Guests can enjoy horse riding along the undisturbed coastline of Benguerra Island. Riders of every level are welcome on this horseback adventure. Be prepared to have an incredible experience riding bareback into the warm waters. Read more about the horse riding experience.
- Take a ferry to the north or south point of the island and enjoy your time of blissful seclusion. The helpful staff will set up a romantic picnic for two on your own stretch of beach, complete with an incredible African sunset.
- Take a sunset cruise in a traditional wooden dhow around the bay. Experience the everyday life of the island’s fishermen as you sail along the calm waters and watch the sunset over the horizon.
- Experience the magic of scuba diving in a protected marine conservation area. Divers of all abilities are welcomed to the fully equipped diving centre which offers a range of diving and snorkelling activities to suit every guest.
Find out more about andBeyond Benguerra Island and contact us to book!
Located on Kingfisher Bay in Vilanculos, Santorini Mozambique is like a Grecian village inspired by turquoise waters and cobblestone beaches. Surrounded by thick forest and the vast Indian Ocean, guests experience a sense of privacy and intimacy like no other.
Santorini is a collection of exquisite luxury villas in the Bazaruto Archipelago. Inspired by the Greek Isles, the multi-layered villa combines luxury with a warm African ambience. Perched above a cliff, the elevated position of the villa provides exquisite panoramic views of the ocean.
Impeccably designed, the Main Villa consists of five spacious en-suite bedrooms that open out onto their own private balconies with a majestic view of the Bazaruto Archipelago islands. Separate to the Main Villa are two family villas. The Chapel is an intimate villa perfect for a romantic retreat for two. Villa Da Praia is the beach villa consisting of three spacious suites on different levels. This Mozambique accommodation is ideal for small families or groups of friends travelling together.
At Santorini Mozambique, local chefs produce a variety of tantalizing tastes throughout your stay. There is a choice of up to four courses per meal. The dining at Santorini is superb with a wonderful selection of imaginative and romantic dining venues. There are many private terraces and smaller hideaways that are ideal for private dining by candlelight.
What we love about Santorini Mozambique
- Santorini has its own vegetable garden, where they grow many of the ingredients used in their dishes. Guests can wander around the veggie garden and pick their own vegetables and herbs to be enjoyed in their next meal.
- The suites at Santorini Mozambique are luxurious and sophisticated. The elegant decor compliments the environment perfectly, with thoughtful touches throughout the space to give it a homey feel.
- You can always find a different private nook across the property where you can put your feet up and relax (usually with a cocktail or a coffee and a spectacular view to enjoy)
- The white sandy beach is a short walk down wooden steps where you can laze on a hammock under your own umbrella or take out a paddleboard into the warm waters.
Find out more about Santorini Mozambique and contact us to book!
Mozambique is an incredible destination to visit! Whether you’re on a honeymoon, looking to propose or travelling with a group of friends or family, the accommodation in Mozambique has something for everyone.
If you are interested in staying at one of these luxury Mozambique accommodation destinations, contact us today, and we’ll help arrange your luxury island vacation!
Do you have more questions about Mozambique and planning an island vacation? Share them below, and one of our travel experts will get back to you!
See you in Africa!
Join our newsletter!
Sign up for travel tips and news from Africa delivered straight to your inbox! We won't send you spam or boring emails, we promise!