One of the most sought-after safari destinations in Africa, Tanzania is a haven for nature lovers and safari connoisseurs, who flock to its lands for the promise of exceptional wildlife and bird sightings in some of the most beautiful landscapes on the planet.
The largest country in East Africa, a third of Tanzania is protected, ensuring the conservation of the landscape and animal populations. As a result, Tanzania remains a land of spectacular natural beauty, where its jaw-dropping, contrasting landscapes make it a must-see, bucket list destination.
From the snow-tipped peaks of Mount Kilimanjaro to the grassy plains of the Serengeti and the vegetation and game rich Ngorongoro Crater, a vacation to Tanzania promises incredible experiences with the natural world. For those craving a bush and beach vacation, the tropical coast of Zanzibar is just a short flight away.
One of Tanzania’s main attractions is the Great Migration, where, each year, over a million wildebeest, zebra and various antelope species move across the vast plains of the Serengeti to the Masai Mara in search of better grazing. If visiting Tanzania at the ideal time, safari goes can witness the migrations, one of the most incredible wildlife spectacles on the planet, including possible river crossings.
As well as game drives to view the abundance of wildlife in the regions, Tanzania offers her guests plenty of other exceptional adventures and experiences. Depending on the accommodation selection, travellers can enjoy hikes and drives in the Ngorongoro and Empakai craters, hot air balloon safaris over the Serengeti as well as day trips to one of Africa’s Great Lakes, Lake Victoria.
- Summer (Jun – Aug): Max 27°C (81°F), Min 14°C (56°F)
- Winter (Dec – Feb): Max 31°C (87°F), Min 18°C (65°F)
Things to Do in TanzaniaWith captivating landscapes, guaranteed wildlife viewing all year round, the promise of watching the Great Migration and a plethora of varied activities and excursions, Tanzania promises an unforgettable East Africa vacation for all.
- Witness the Great Migration where over a million wildebeest, antelope and other plains game species migrate north across the Serengeti National Park.
- Enjoy incredible game drives in the verdant Ngorongoro Crater.
- Visit one of Africa’s Great Lakes, Lake Victoria.
- Explore the vast Serengeti plains in safari game drives or during an unforgettable hot air balloon safari.
- View thousands of flamingo in Soda Lake as well as enjoy some of the best bird watching on the planet.
Accommodation in Tanzania
From opulent suites overlooking the Ngorongoro Crater to riverside tents with hippos as neighbours to mobile luxury mobile tented camps that follow the Great Migration across the Serengeti, our recommended lodges each promise an unforgettable stay in Tanzania.
Need help? Talk to an Expert!
Contact African Travel Canvas and we’ll help you book your dream vacation to Africa!