About Ulusaba Game Reserve
Ulusaba, a Shangaan term meaning ‘Place of Little Fear’, gets its name from the ancient rocky outcrops originally used by warriors as a lookout point, now home to Ulusaba’s Rock Lodge.
Ulusaba, Sir Richard Branson’s luxury safari game lodge situated in the Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve, is the perfect destination for those looking to experience the African bush in a more contemporary way. Three incredible lodges, Safari Lodge, Rock Lodge and Cliff Lodge, offer five-star, award-winning accommodation in the Kruger Park with a range of activities to keep guests well entertained.
From safari game drives, bush walks, spa treatments and wine tastings, Ulusaba Game Reserve also has a magnificent Bush Observatory for those who are eager to star gaze in style.
Children of all ages are welcome at Ulusaba, with the exception of Safari Lodge allowing no children under 12. Children are endearingly called Cubs, and can enjoy a range of special age-appropriate, supervised activities in the Cub’s Club.
Why We Love Ulusaba Game Reserve
- The Bush Observatory is a must! Guests can enjoy stargazing while the rangers point out and discuss various constellations.
- Ulusaba’s Pride ‘n Purpose organisations allow guests to go a step further and volunteer their time in one of the hands-on projects tailored to a passion or skill of the gust themselves.
- Waking up before dawn to embark on an early morning game drive is a truly magnificent experience. Guests can also enjoy a bush breakfast in the African wild.
Activities at Ulusaba Game Reserve
Safari game drives
Aroma Boma Spa
Highlights from Ulusaba Game Reserve
Adventuring across Safari Lodge on the swing bridges.
Looking out at the land from the viewing deck at Rock Lodge.
Discovering new constellations in the night sky.
Ulusaba Safari Lodge
Resting at the edge of a dry river bed, hidden in the bush under a canopy of ancient trees, Ulusaba’s Safari Lodge is a paradise in the heart of the African bush. Guests can enjoy viewing game lolling about the Xikwenga Dam from the comfort of the treehouse deck.
- Watch wild animals drink at the waterhole from a private deck.
- Enjoy a fabulous wine tasting in the Safari Lodge wine cellar.
- No children under the age of 12 are allowed at Ulusaba Safari Lodge.
Ulusaba Rock Lodge
Set on an iconic rocky outcrop, Rock Lodge towers some 800 feet above the wilderness. With the majestic Drakensberg Mountains peering out from the distance, guests can enjoy unparalleled views of the bush in this almost heavenly setting.
- Relax at one of the viewing decks and look out for wildlife below.
- Enjoy rejuvenating spa treatments at the Aroma Boma.
- Children of all ages are welcome and are entertained at Ulusaba Cub’s Club.
Ulusaba Cliff Lodge
Just a short walk from the Main House at Rock Lodge, Cliff Lodge is comprised of two luxury suites that offer its guests the absolute best in safari-chic luxury. Cliff Lodge one and Cliff Lodge two are perfect for families or small groups looking for a private vacation feel.
- Cliff Lodge one is a two bedroom suite accommodating up to three adults and two children.
- Cliff Lodge two is a one bedroom suite accommodating up to two adults and two children.
- Exclusive use of Cliff Lodge can accommodate up to five adults and four children.
Kruger National Park Accommodation
Browse a collection of exquisite safari lodges and bush camps in the Kruger National Park.
Explore Kruger National Park Tours
Discover the magic and wonder of the African bush by travelling to this incredible safari destination through a number of tours and itineraries.
Need help? Talk to an expert!
Contact African Travel Canvas and we’ll help you book your dream vacation to Africa!