About Londolozi Private Game Reserve
Meaning ‘protector of all living things’ in Zulu, Londolozi has conservation at its core – a philosophy that extends to the land and all who dwell on it. Family-owned, with close to 100 years of history, Londolozi Private Game Reserve offers something truly special.
Tucked away in the heart of Sabi Sand Reserve of the Kruger National Park, Londolozi comprises five exquisite camps, each known for unsurpassed luxury and incomparable big five viewing opportunities.
Dedicated to the conservation of all life forms, the reserve’s breeding programmes have paid off, as it is home to some of the highest lion concentrations in Africa, but more than anything else, Londolozi is famous for its leopards.
Over four decades, trackers and rangers have nurtured a unique relationship with generations of wild leopards. This means frequent, intimate encounters with some of Africa’s shyest, most elusive cats. Sleek, with rippling muscles and a guttural grunt, there’s nothing like watching a mother leopard as she nurses her latest cluster of cubs.
This experience encompasses everything the Sabi Sand Reserve stands for – the belief that the African bush will touch you profoundly and change something within you forever.
Why We Love Londolozi Private Game Reserve
- With some of the best game viewing opportunities in the Kruger Game Reserve, guests staying at Londolozi are advised to bring plenty of memory cards as an abundance of photographic opportunities abounds.
- Top-of-the-range photographic equipment is available for hire. Guests can also enjoy having their photographs professionally edited and printed at the Photographic Studio.
- There’s a special energy at Londolozi that can’t be found anywhere else. Youthful, joyous and full of life, guests will instantly feel at home as they dance, dine and indulge in epic storytelling with the Londolozi family.
Activities at Londolozi Private Game Reserve
Safari game drives
Kids’ Cubs Programme
Our Favourite Memories from Londolozi
Seeing three Apex predators, lion, leopard and hyena all in one hour.
Stalking three brothers of the infamous Majingilane coalition.
Finding an elephant skeleton and learning about Elephantidae anatomy.
Londolozi’s beating heart and one of the top Kruger National Park camps, Varty Camp has burned brightly in the same spot for over 90 years. With décor that reflects the founder’s (the Varty family) love for the earth, the rooms have private swimming pools and decks, shaded by trees and overlooking the bush.
- Londolozi’s original camp.
- Family friendly, with children over six welcome.
- Riverine location with exceptional bush game viewing from the camp.
Honouring past guests and staff, Founders Camp is intimate and child-friendly with ten chalets, three of which are family-size. With a natural bushveld ‘Bohemia’ style, the camp is shaded by Matumi trees and perched alongside the Sand River.
- Ideal for family safaris.
- Exceptional river views and wildlife watching opportunities.
- Home to the Londolozi Yoga Deck, free for all guests to use, to enjoy daily yoga practices suspended high in the arms of a 500-year-old Ebony tree.
Described as a ‘symphony of style, bushveld architecture and nature,’ this Kruger National Park camp comprises three suites shaded by 500-year-old Ebony trees. As Londolozi’s most secluded camp, Pioneer has unrivalled tranquillity, with exceptional river vistas.
- Ideal for multi-generational travel as it can be adapted into a private bush home for family groups of 6 – 12 people.
- Glass walkways link together the interconnected family suites.
- Singita things
Tree Camp comprises six luxury suites perched amidst an expansive canopy of Leadwood trees. Exuding luxury, this Kruger Park accommodation is where elegance abounds, from the Ralph Lauren wallpaper and private swimming pools, with shaded decks overlooking the river.
- Stylish surrounds exuding world-class style.
- All-weather dining and contemplation decks overlooking the river.
- Frequent leopard spotting opportunities and great game viewing.
Private Granite Suites
With only three suites accommodating six people, this is a ‘private river affair’. With natural decor mirroring the surrounds of glinting granite softened by extensive pools, each suite has its own heated pool and large doors opening directly onto the Sand River.
- Perfect for honeymooners or small groups.
- Contemporary design blending into natural surrounds.
- Amazing river-side game viewing.
Kruger National Park Accommodation
Browse a collection of exquisite safari lodges and bush camps in the Kruger National Park.
Explore Kruger National Park Tours
Discover the magic and wonder of the African bush by travelling to this incredible safari destination through a number of tours and itineraries.
Need help? Talk to an Expert!
Contact African Travel Canvas and we’ll help you book your dream vacation to Africa!