One of the most popular safari destinations in Africa, Kenya is a country revered for its breathtaking landscapes and abundance of wildlife. From Big Five sightings on safari game drives to hot air balloon safaris over the expansive plains of the Masai Mara, Kenya has something to offer every traveller, especially those seeking adventure and romance.
With plenty of wildlife encounters ready and waiting, travellers can explore the esteemed Masai Mara National Park, known for its flourishing predatory cat populations. Along with wildlife encounters and excursions in the bush, travellers will get the honour to meet members of one of Africa’s oldest tribes, the Maasai. Welcomed into a local Maasai village, travellers will have the privilege of learning about this group’s semi-nomadic lifestyle, customs, traditions and more.
Another popular destination is the country’s second most popular national park, the Amboseli National Park. Famed for its massive herds of elephant and Big Five wildlife, Amboseli boasts majestic views of the snow-capped peaks of Mount Kilimanjaro in the neighbouring country of Tanzania.
Heralded as the ‘classic safari’ destination, one of Kenya’s biggest attractions is the annual Great Migration, where, each year during the months of July to October, thousands of wildebeest and antelope species make a dramatic crossing across the plains of Tanzania’s Serengeti to the verdant grasslands of the Masai Mara in Kenya. If visiting at the correct time of year, travellers will be able to bear witness to this truly fantastic, once in a lifetime spectacle.
With guaranteed game viewing, seasonal Great Migration sightings and incredible learning opportunities from the Maasai, a vacation in Kenya is truly is a must for the bucket list.
LANGUAGES Swahili, English, Kikuyu, Luhya, Dholuo, Sheng
WEATHER and CLIMATE
- Summer (Dec – April): Max 27°C (81°F), Min 14°C (56°F)
- Winter (Jun – Oct): Max 23°C (73°F), Min 10°C (50°F)
Things to Do in Kenya
Discover the beautiful country of Kenya with these amazing activities and excursions:
- Witness the incredible annual Great Migration where millions of animals stampede across the Serengeti into the Masai Mara in search of better grazing grounds.
- Traverse the plains of the majestic Masai Mara National Park and admire the plethora of game and bird species.
- Explore the Amboseli National Park, gazing at stunning views of Mount Kilimanjaro in the distance.
- Visit a Maasai village and learn about the customs and traditions of this semi-nomadic group.
- Embark on a hot air balloon safari to see the sights of the Masai Mara from the sky.
Promising stunning suites, luxury furnishings, impeccable service and more, enjoy a dream safari in Africa by staying at one of our recommended luxury lodges and tented bush camps in one of the world’s best safari destinations, Kenya.
Need help? Talk to an Expert!
Contact African Travel Canvas and we’ll help you book your dream vacation to Africa!